Table of Contents
Do you know what the is cat’s allergy and its symptoms? How do you fight this sensitivity and how to avoid its causes? Read the article to know more.
Allergy to cats, have you heard of it before? You may be experiencing it yourself, or you know someone who suffers from it, to learn more about the subject read the following article.
Raising cats at homes may raise some questions, the most important of which: Will this cat cause your sensitivity? Cat allergy is one of the most common animal allergies. However, contrary to what you might expect, this is not due to fur or the hair of cats, but to proteins in their saliva, urine or dead skin cells.
People who are allergic to cats have very sensitive immune systems, where the immune system misses between harmless things like dead skin cells from cats and bacteria or viruses that attack the body, thus the symptoms of cats allergy appear on the patient.
On the other hand, even if you are not allergic to cats, cats living outside the home may cause you any allergic reaction caused by the pollen, soil or other allergens that they bring through their fur.
What are the symptoms of cat allergies?
- Sneezing and coughing.
- The urticaria or rash appears on the face and chest.
- Itching and redness in the eyes.
- Redness of the skin, especially areas that were in direct contact with the cats.
- Runny, congestion and itching in the nose.
Cat allergies may occur within minutes or a few hours. Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent this until now.
How to treat cat’s allergy?
If the previous symptoms happened to you, you should go to a doctor who will ask you to undergo a skin test to detect your allergies. In this case, the doctor may prescribe some medications to help you treat the symptoms of the disease.
But of course, there are some simple procedures that will help of reducing the risk of cat’s allergy, including:
- Never contact with cats at all even for a few moments.
- Be wary of your friends who have cats in the house. Although there are no cats among you, the dead skin cells from cats may be stuck in their clothes.
- If you have cats at home, we recommend that you get rid of them so that the symptoms of the sensitivity of cats that you suffer from do not worsen.
- If you can not get rid of the cats, you should determine where they can be in the house and make sure that they do not get into the bedroom
- Clean the house constantly and remove the carpet that may be attached to the dead skin cells of the cat.
- Be sure to clean the cat always.
These procedures may help you to control the sensitivity of cats, but they are not enough. The best way to do this is to get rid of those cats that live with you at home, although it is difficult your health is more important!