Gluten Alternatives and Wheat Flour
The people who suffer from Celiac disease or wheat allergy cannot eat foods that made of wheat flour or oatmeal because it contains gluten that causes an allergy. For that, we give you some advice how to replace wheat flour in your food recipes gluten free.
You can replace a cup of wheat flour with…
- Half spoon of the potato flour: This type of flour is fairly thick. And it must be purchased and used immediately because the shelf life is limited.
- 175 grams of brown rice flour or the white: rice flour is delicious, but it’s better to use the brown rice because of its nutritional value is higher.
- ¾ cup of soy flour: soy flour contains a large amount of protein. therefore it considered excellent for Celiac patients. On the other hand, you must store this type of flour in the refrigerator.
- 175 grams of chickpea flour: rice flour taste is very strong. So, it is better to add it to another type of flour to ease the harsh taste.
- Cup of tapioca flour: tapioca flour is smooth and delicious. So it is advisable to use it in Cakes recipes.
- ¾ cup flour Quinoa: This type of flour nutritious and very useful, especially as it has an excellent amount of healthy protein.
- A cup and a third of corn flour: You can use this type of flour for covering chicken pieces, meat or even in pastries.
- 175 grams of buckwheat flour: the taste of this flour is bitter. Therefore, it must be added with another type of gluten-free flour when you prepare recipes.