Table of Contents
- 1 Carrots Allergy
- 1.1 The types of carrots:
- 1.2 Who may get allergic to carrots?
- 1.3 The symptoms of carrots allergy.
- 1.4 The complications of carrots allergy infection.
- 1.5 The symptoms treatment of carrots allergy.
Previously, we have known some types of allergies, and we have known some foods and stuff used on a daily basis that it may be unthinkable that it is an allergen.
In this article we will know one of the foods that may be present on the most of the dining tables, presented in various forms and textures like ( juices, in a salad, pickled, cooked and in a lot of kinds of soups ) what means it is a flexible component, you find it sweet and tart, it is also an allergen that may not come to mind. Carrot is our hero to this essay.
Most of us like to eat carrots, because of its sweetness and benefits. The carrots consider of the vegetables that have more than one category.
The types of carrots:
- Orange carrots: It is the most common sort, it contains Betacarotene (β-Carotene), and available in Europe & the Middle east. It has several benefits including maintaining of eyes health.
- Black carrots: It contains a substance called Anthocyanin, it is one of the anti-cancer substances. It is available at Turkey, Some Middle East countries & Far East countries. It has several benefits including helping of reducing the proportion of bad cholesterol in the body and good antibacterial.
- Yellow carrots: It contains the tincture of lutein and Xanthophyll. It is available in the middle east countries, and its benefits include preventing eyes atrophy, it helps in preventing of cancer diseases and it helps in prevention of Arteriosclerosis.
- Purple carrots: It contains a large amount of Betacarotene and Anthocyanin which is one of the most powerful antioxidants. It is available at Turkey, Middle east and far East. Its benefits include preventing the blood clots and it helps maintain a healthy heart.
- Red carrots: It contains lycopene, and is a form of beta carotene. It is available in China and India. its benefits include the protection of the retina, it helps to prevent the oxidation of blood fats, it protects against heart disease and protects against infection of some tumors.
- Parsnip: It contains a lot of fiber and natural compounds. It is available in Afghanistan, Iran, and Pakistan, its benefits include protection against diseases of the colon.
Who may get allergic to carrots?
The people with an allergic reaction to birch pollen, because of the similarity of the proteins in both.
The symptoms of carrots allergy.
Digestive system symptoms:
- Stomach Ache.
- Pain in the intestine.
Respiratory system symptoms:
- A runny nose.
- Congestion in the nose.
- Tightness in the chest.
- Itchy at the nose.
- Heartburn in the eye.
- Swelling of the eyelid.
- Blisters inside the mouth.
- Swelling of the lips.
- Tingling in the lips.
- Swellings in some areas.
- Emergence of pimples.
It is not necessary that all the symptoms appear at the same time.
The complications of carrots allergy infection.
In addition to the previous symptoms:
- Shortness of breathing.
- Difficulty in speaking.
- Decreasing in blood pressure.
- Disorder in a heartbeat.
The symptoms treatment of carrots allergy.
- Stop eating the carrots and exposure to every product that contains the same type of proteins.
- Complication cases: give an epinephrine injection and go to the hospital or call an ambulance.
- The normal cases, the doctor will prescribe:
- Medicines containing cortisone.
- Anti-histamine drugs.
- Eye drops.
- Nasal sprays.
- Painkillers and antibiotics, if it is necessary.
- Some mild cases disappear after a few days, and it can use the natural moisturizers to mitigate them.